My Blog List

Thursday, June 21, 2012

AB 20mm Americans

My friend Ty dragged me into 20mm WWII a few years ago. I was initially not interested in small scale figures, but when he showed me these AB guys it changed my tune. They are quite small -- they are based on pennies, to give you a scale reference. They have an astonishing amount of detail for their size and their weapons, equipment and uniforms are extremely accurate. Rivet counters will love these dudes. The best part about them though is their excellent anatomy and natural looking poses. They look the way guys standing around with rifles really look. I can't say enough nice things about them. Go buy some now, if you know what is good for you. You pretty much have to send smoke signals to order from AB, but it is worth it.

These popped up on my radar again because I was digging through my miniatures the other day and I came across the three vehicles below. They were, of course 90% finished -- story of my life. After a little drybrushing and and basing and they are good enough. When I have some more time I wouldn't mind smoothing out the drybushing with some thinned down base coat. The vehicles are from Cromwell Models, by the way. Very nice resin kits, but I don't think they are in business anymore.
Command Squad
First Squad
Second Squad
Third Squad
.30 Caliber and Bazooka Teams
M8 Greyhound

M4A1 Sherman

M10 TD

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I ever saw the Greyhound painted up. Very nice. Very nice on all accounts as usual. I need to go back and hit my vehicles with some of that magic powder to add some weathering depth. One day. I still love this scale, probably the most outta all of 'em.

    Bam! Cross promoting 20mm awesomeness posts:

    http://slayerplacemat.blogspot.com/2008/11/wwii-nerd-shit-alert.html

    ReplyDelete