My Blog List

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Arbite SWAT Buddies

Here's a trip down memory lane. These are the first models I ever put in a painting competition. I entered them in the staff Golden Demons in Baltimore in 2007 I think. I got a Silver! That dirty Bastard John Shaffer beat me with his crazy Enty Beastmen. Every now and then I get an email from some random person asking me how I made these guys. As best I can remember, they are Cadian heads with greenstuff goggles, Candian bodies, chopped up Marine Scout arms and scout legs. The guns are chopped-down lasguns with bolt pistol clips that are sliced in half.

2 comments:

  1. Any chance you can do a green stuff tutorial on how to do them wonderful goggles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea,I have a lot of people ask about that. I'll see what I can do.

    I just rolled out a thin little sausage of greenstuff, stuck it on the front of the helment atn then formed it into a rectangle shape to make the frame of the goggles. Then I used the flat side of a sculpting tool to flatten the sausage down. Next I poked the bottom to make the indentation for the nose and then just corrected the shape as needed neatened everything up a bit.

    ReplyDelete