My Blog List

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mantic Corporation Rangers

I painted these guys for Joe at Mantic Games to use in demo games at stores and trade shows. To speed things up I started out by airbrushing them with a dark brown color and then hitting them again with successively lighter colors with the airbrush held a high angle. This created a nice zenith light source effect and lessened the amount of blending I would have to do with a brush. To finish the armor, I highlighted the top/left edges with a lighter brown to emphasize the light source. Skin, fabric and webbing were all added in next with a brush.

Next up: ten Veer-myn for these guys to duke it out with.

PS. I'm still getting the hang of the settings on my camera, so bear with me!

3 comments:

  1. Looks cool! What camera are you using to get these shots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, its a Canon Rebel XS. Nothing too fancy.

      Delete
  2. I like your earth-tones, Marc.

    ReplyDelete